Monday, April 23, 2012

So I've been working on this idea which is to create narrative patterns. I have discovered that I think life is a series of ebbs and flows, an S pattern of ups and downs, and people and environments and circumstance have their stellar ability to repeat themselves to a damn near predictable fashion. This is a first of many. What do you guys think? I'm curious about the style as well as its effectiveness as both a pattern (aesthetically) and as an illustrative narrative concept. XOXO!!

3 comments:

  1. Annelise, this is a really interesting concept that I don't think i've ever heard of before. The narrative is very clear and the cycle emerging into a pattern is quite powerful. I think the over all macro pattern would be more successful if you kept multiplying even more. Or maybe if each vignette had more dynamic shape changes. Really cool concept.

    ReplyDelete
  2. thanks! yeah i mapped out some other pattern formulas for varying shapes, etc. this is only the beginning!!! I am really excited!!! :) thanks for your inputttt

    ReplyDelete
  3. I agree with Brendan, this is such an interesting and unique idea. The narrative is very clear and effective and I like that, while much simpler and in a different medium, the figures still maintain a similar personality to those of your past work.

    I can't wait to see more!

    ReplyDelete