Friday, July 10, 2009

SUP GUYS





we rock. now, let's fuckin roll.

NYC is pretty fun and cool. I was forcing the creative juices for a while, and it was painful, but a trip to central park after work one day brought me back to life! Hooray. I am starting a series of giants (commentary on ego, and viewing oneself as bigger and better than the rest of humanity). I want to do what I have been doing, but start pushing the facial development of my characters, maybe a bit more rendering and bone structure (remember my frankenstein? like that!). Also I want to do a series of lifesize short story illustrations. Basically, they would be gallery installations, and when you read/view a "page," you will be immersed in this 5 ft tall page! Cool??? So here are some sketches I have been doing at the sketch nights at SI (it's pretty fun - free beer for interns and a live jazz band with two live models in costumes). Comments, please! Excuse the poor quality, I have no scanner access right now. LOVE YA'LL!!

PS- I am on Illustration Mundo now!! you can be on it, too. You just need to submit a pro website (no blogs accepted), and then they judge your acceptability. Yay! :)

PEACE

3 comments:

  1. I like what you're doing with the faces! Maybe try keeping some of the extra exaggerated features that you had been doing (think shapes), but adding structure. Definitely keep experimenting!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Bone structure huh? The only thing i can say is I often get bogged down in references and end up with a drawing I feel is lifeless and/or uncreative, so watch out for that. But then again every time i put pencil to paper I have a crises of style and convulse violently, degenerating into a foamy meat-puddle. But yah, SI sounds awesome and show me some more stuff. Ill try to but up something soon.

    ReplyDelete
  3. B Reg, I am glad you said that. It is a good point. I will be careful to find a middle ground!

    ReplyDelete