Sunday, March 20, 2011

new portfolio stuff

Brendan, I was motivated by your last two posts and so decided to upload one of my own. Keep them coming! (I would love to see some of your zoo sketches)

The first two finished illustrations are the beginnings of my new portfolio done in my new style. I've been putting a large emphasis on shape and color and combining it with "pattern-y" ink work (sorta like the sketches I posted previously). I use watercolor for the shapes and background and ink (including a variety of colored inks) for the line work.



The next two images are comps for my next two pieces and I would love some feedback. You may notice that I am kind of on a jellyfish kick... at least I'm officially over my awkward bird phase.



I made a new logo and so, naturally, I designed a new business card. Yay! Here are the front and back images. (Oh. And you may notice that I have a new website address. I'm in the process of designing my new website and it should be up in the next month or so, so keep an eye out.)



Chad, this took me approximately 15 minutes, so you should take a break from the 50 million things your working on and post just one or two things... you could even munch on a snack while you upload. (And, yes, I am aware that I'm being an annoying nag on this subject and you're probably rolling your eyes as you read this, but that's why you love me.)

3 comments:

  1. New story idea: a cunning mortal thief named Chaddius sets out to Mount Ohimpus in order to steal Zeustina's talent.

    I'll post when I find something...good.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Chad Jacobs. I'm flattered that you think my talent is Olympus-worthy, but so is yours! You can post any one of the pieces you showed me on skype the other day (like a month ago)... what about the aquaman costume redesign? I think that showcased your updated style quite nicely.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Christina! Holy Wow! Love. Especially the jellyfish riding Eskimo. Made of awesome. I think the lantern jellyfish piece could use some sort of design-y silhouette ink-work background element. I can see where you are headed with it and a watercolor gradient, but I think it needs a subtle seance of place. Not necessarily naturalistic, but somthing maybe. The fishermen look great.

    Also the new business card? Spectacular. Work it girl, you headed places.

    ReplyDelete