Friday, September 2, 2011

Six Women Who Could Kick Your Teeth In (a.k.a. a 'Brendan's Ideal Woman' post)

So yeah. When I logged onto Facebook this morning, it informed me that exactly one year ago today, I said this:

"So, Annelise Capossela, Brendan Regulinski, Christina Fulton, and I have a group blog, but they've been total stinkbutts about updating it lately. You should visit it, love it, and relentlessly pressure them into updating it more frequently. Especially Brendan. That kid's a real rapscallion."

Kids, a whole year has passed and we have only become slightly less stinkbutt-y about putting things on here. SO. I propose a project: each of us should design a Souper Collective banner for the top of the blog. Once you're done, post it and we can vote on which one we like the most and use it. Heck, we could even cycle through all four of them periodically (since it's a safe bet that they'd all be rad). Let me know what you think.

Anyway, onward to the aforementioned ladies. For some reason, I've been really into drawing superheroes this past summer. Particularly X-Men characters. I think I must be regressing into a pimply-faced high schooler.




This is just a sketchbook doodle that kinda got out of control, but I thought it would be worth sharing. This drawing depicts six of my favorite X-Ladies: Rogue, Storm, Shadowcat, Marrow, Emma Frost, and Psylocke. I also wanted to include Jubilee, but I ran out of space. I sorta have a vendetta against working digitally again, so this is done in Prismacolor markers and pencils.

I have been working on a bunch of random stuff as well as just drawing for the heck of it, so expect more work and unnecessarily wordy and long-titled posts on the horizon.

1 comment:

  1. Hey you!

    Super kick-ass looking X-ladies! I expect nothing less :)

    I'm up for the "blog banner" project thing... sounds like fun and I could use a superfluously fun project at the moment.

    I would say we should schedule a phone date cuz we haven't talked in a bit, but we're actually having a text conversation as I type this to determine just that, so I'll talk to you soon!

    -Christi

    ReplyDelete